Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Favt Free Applications for Windows

(Disclaimer: I am not a geek, but i love to meddle with my Laptop's software whenever its possible for finding the best possible combination of tools for my requirements. The list i am providing here is just my personal opinion, it may or may not be the best solution in its concerned category.)

Following is the list of software i use frequently in my Vista Ultimate. I prefer using Open Source & Free Softwares hence most of applications in my list is somewhat related to open source or free software.

Firefox + Add Ons / Opera - For Web browsing

Foobar2000 + Add ons - For Audio Playback

MPC-HC + Haali's Matroska Splitter - For Video Playback

UTorrent - For P2P

Peerguardian - For P2P Protection

7Zip - For Compression

Skype - For Video Chat

GoogleTalk - For Voice Chat

Avast Home Edition - For Anti Virus

IrfanView + Plugins - For Image Viewing

Orbit Downloader - For Download Management

GIMP/Paint.Net - For Photo Editing

Blender - For 3D Creation

Inkscape - For Vector Graphics

Scribus - For Desktop Publishing

CDBurnerXP / ImgBurn - For Burning CD/DVD

CCleaner - For System Optimization

OpenOffice.org - An alternative to MS Office Suite

Foxit Reader - An alternative to Acrobat Reader

LAME ACM /AC3 ACM /FLAC - For Audio Encoding

Xvid /X264 + MeGUI - For Video Encoding

VirtualDub + Avisynth + Plugins - For Video Editing

MP3Tag - For Tagging Various Audio Formats

NotePad++ - For source code editing and enhanced Notepad Features

(There are some more tools i use which i have not mentioned here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friend, I am very new to Blogging. And I will be very happy to see a word or two from you.Your words will be a great source of encouragement for me. Kindly leave your comments,thanks.